It’s 2014. I remember very well when 2000 happened. Y2K was a big thing. I can’t believe it’s been 14 years since then. 30 years since the year I was born. So nuts.
To keep with tradition on this blog…I’m here to update my goals for this new year. Below are 2013 goals.
- Goal #1: Get out of debt. Still not there yet. But it’s slowly happening. M is handling all the financial stuff now and he has a plan to help pay off all our debt by 2017. We are hoping that taxes this year will help clear out a couple of my credit cards to maybe more that year up sooner.
- Goal #2: Buy a house. That process is on hold right now. Things came up with M’s father, so we decided to stay living with him and help him out. It’s not so bad.
- Goal #3: School. I actually finished this goal. Woot! I graduated back in July! Now I’m debating on going back to school to study to be a Veterinary Technician. It’s a lot more work and I now have Olivia so I’m not sure how well it will work out.
- Goal #4: My relationship with M is going great. I wouldn’t say it’s rush as in we are married yet but we do have a daughter together so maybe thats rushed but really, M is such a great guy and we get along so well. I really don’t see a need to make this a continuous goal except to make it a goal to stay happy together.
- Goal #5: Career field, huh? Well I just quit my job at the humane society. I wasn’t very happy there. But that was probably because I wasn’t practicing being a VA, I was only cleaning kennels, it was the same thing every single day and my days were way too long. Now I’m a stay-at-home mom. I’m hoping I can stay happy doing that. I know it can be incredibly stressful but I can’t wait to see Livi grow and not miss her milestones.
- Goal #6: This goal almost happened in 2012. I had an appointment all set up for a tattoo but unfortunately, 2 days beforehand, we found out I was pregnant. So I gave my appointment to M and he got a nice half sleeve completed. I’m hoping now, I can get a tattoo though. 🙂
Now it’s time to update them.
- Goal #1: Debt….still the same really. M is still in charge and he is doing a really good job at it even if I’m doing a real bad job at saving the money. We are closer to our goal and might get closer this year. We are both hoping so.
- Goal #2: A home of our own. Still not happening any time soon but M mentioned that he is ready to get prepared in case an opportunity arises for us.
- Goal #3: The thought of going back to school. I almost did it this past year. But I stressed out so bad about the course work and care for Livi. I decided it probably wasn’t the right time for that. Maybe in the near future. I can’t make it a real goal for 2014 though. **So this goal is now about crafting/quilting. For 2014, I hope to become proficient in quilting and other crafts and possibly open a Facebook business page and start selling a few things through there.
- Goal #4: Relationship with M. We are now husband and wife and I feel like things are going well. So my goal is to just continue what we have. Making each other happy and letting each other know we love one another.
- Goal #5: I miss work sometimes, I truly do. But at the same time I know I’d miss Olivia and all the free time to craft. So I’m not sure if I’ll really get a job but it’s a thought I have had for a while.
- Goal #6: This one can actually get check off the list. I finally got a new tattoo. In the process I even made a new friend. She is a pretty awesome tattoo artist as well. So…this goal is now about being a good mother to Livi. My goal is to continue to give Livi everything she might need and teach her more and more. It’s so rewarding when she understands something I’m trying to teach her. Like sign language. She now has 3 signs down and it’s amazing. 😀 Also, we are hoping for baby #2 this year.
My goals might not change too much each year but thats probably a good thing. I keep the important things first and foremost and try really hard to check them off the list. Even if it takes more than one year to do so.
Happy New Year! I hope this year brings everyone at least one thing they might want or need.